recipe: chocolate mayonaise cake


I wanted to start off this week in the sweetest way possible so take a look at this pretty little birthday cake. It tastes just as good as it {hopefully} looks and was a great surprise for my brother's birthday the other week. The recipe is from the April 2010 issue of Bon Appétit and can be found here.
Special note: I adjusted the recipe a little bit to make two small 3-layer cakes.

{cutting the domes off for even layering}

{trying to ice like a pro..it's surprisingly hard!}
I know it may sound weird to put mayonnaise in a cake but it replaces the oil and gives the cake an incredibly moist texture. It's seriously a great birthday cake and the frosting is amazing..full of lots of yummy butter. If you make it you're just going to have to overlook the health factor ;)

Sigh now my mouth is watering!

Happy Monday!!

signature.heart

P.S. I'm drawing the two winners tonight at 11:59 {and 52 seconds} so this is your last chance to enter the giveaway! {Although if you enter at 11:59:54 I miiight let it slide!}

No comments:

Post a Comment