recipe: tortellini with roasted butternut squash and mushrooms



Tortellini with Roasted Butternut Squash and Mushrooms

INGREDIENTS
1 small butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
6 oz cremini mushrooms cut into quarters
1/4 cup fresh sage leaves
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound tortellini pasta
2 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated

DIRECTIONS
Preheat over to 450 degrees. Toss squash with mushrooms, safe leaves, oil and some salt and pepper. Roast, tossing midway, for about 20 minutes, or until tender.

Cook the tortellini according to the package. Reserve some pasta water just in case before draining. Add cooked tortellini to pan, add roasted vegetables and half of parmesan cheese. Toss with a little more olive oil if needed. Plate and serve with sprinkled cheese on top.
-----

This is one of the easiest recipes but it's so good! Butternut squash is rich and delicious and I love how it reminds me of fall. Yesterday was LA's first rain of the season and I loved it so much, but for some reason it really had me missing last fall. I am such a nostalgic person {to a fault} and I couldn't help thinking about how I missed making tea on rainy mornings and going on cold afternoon walks with Ginger. It was a perfect season with so many exciting things going on, including the early stages of planning the wedding. I have to remind myself that this season will be amazing too. Maybe more so now that we're in our new apartment. Still have to get it together though. There may or may not be unpacked boxes that I've been neglecting to deal with...

Have a great day everyone!
xox
signature.heart

No comments:

Post a Comment